- Hours: Full-time
- Contract Type: Temp to Perm
- Location: Plymouth
- Salary £18-£20k DOE plus company bonus scheme & benefits
Construction Materials Online is an online supplier of building materials, sold across three specialist eCommerce stores. As the company is expanding, we are seeking a self-motivated and experienced HR Assistant to join our growing team based at our head office in Plymouth.
The HR Assistant will:
- Set up new employees on the HRIS and maintain accurate recording of employee data
- Analyse data to support statistical reports on HR information e.g. starters, leavers, sickness absence etc.
- Support HR Manager with GDPR compliance by conducting personnel file audits and issuing documentation
- Awareness of recruitment procedures, administering eligibility to work, employee reference requests and administer appropriate paperwork reflecting changes to status, pay and benefits.
- Support HR Manager with ER issues and attend meetings as a note taker when necessary
- Responsible for keeping notice boards updated and ensuring appropriate information and communication is displayed at all times
- Administer all paperwork for new starters to include enabling and disabling ID cards
- Support HR Manager with uploading of job adverts and monitor their activity
- Support the HR Manager with job applications which involves regularly checking CVs and passing on to respective Managers if appropriate and responding accordingly
- Support the interview, selection and assessment process when required
- Carry out research and source external training providers, collate information and refer to HR Manager for approval
- Ensure training is recorded in the training matrix
The successful candidate will have experience of working within a human resource environment, have good employment law knowledge and will have completed their CIPD level 3. They must have an understanding of data protection legislation and maintain confidentiality and trust at all times. Experience of working in an administrative environment with computerised data systems is essential. They will be a clear communicator with excellent writing, data entry and telephone skills.
Construction Materials Online is an equal opportunities employer