Trade Sales Manager
- Hours: Full-time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Plymouth
- Salary: 45k OTE + Benefits
Join one of the biggest and most respected national eCommerce successes in our industry. Construction Materials Online is an online supplier of building materials, sold across three specialist eCommerce stores. As the company is expanding, we have a new and exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and ambitious Trade Sales Manager to join our growing team based at our head office in Plymouth.
The position of the Trade Sales Manager is responsible for leading the trade sales function and developing and supporting a new specialist channel for builders.
• Driving forward the growth strategy and developing new trade account opportunities.
• Researching and identifying new key customers and stimulating demand for our products.
• Reviewing existing key customers and examining areas for business development through regular contact.
• Have knowledge of competitor’s products and the current market climate.
• Provide support, pass on leads and share knowledge to colleagues and the business as a whole for sales activities and developments.
• Liaising with the marketing team to identify specific trade requirements or trends.
• Obtaining feedback from our customers to establish any gaps in our product range.
• Providing weekly updates to the management team on customer trends and areas for development.
• Contribute to the increase of team revenue & profit margins.
• Help promote the company through a positive attitude and engaging with our customers.
• Ensure effective creation and conclusion of sales quotations.
• Create and develop long term business relationships with existing and potential clients.
• Be reactive and well organised with demonstrable ability to prioritise and effectively complete multiple tasks.
• Up-selling products to existing customers, including key products and special offers.
• Develop and retain product knowledge by attending supplier training events.
• Accountable for training and developing new staff as the team expands.
The successful candidate will be a proactive self-starter with a proven track record of building and managing accounts and driving sales growth. They may have demonstrable experience as a Trade Sales Manager or Senior Account Manager and previous experience in the building trade is advantageous. This position is suited to an outgoing, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with an adaptable approach to their work. They will be able to demonstrate how they have built account relationships from scratch and have examples of networking they have used to do this. They must be an excellent communicator with a good telephone manner, computer literate and have a high standard of written and spoken English.
If you meet the skills and experience required, please email your CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
Construction Materials Online is an equal opportunities employer