PHP Web Developer, Plymouth
• Hours: Full-time
• Contract Type: Permanent
• Location: Plymouth
• Salary: 25k-30k DOE, company bonus scheme and generous holiday entitlement
We’re looking for a Web Developer to join our in-house development team, located in Plymouth. We are a national online supplier of building supplies & materials. Our first site launched in 2009 and has grown to become the leading online retailer for roofing materials in the UK. We are currently expanding and are looking for a proactive, self-starting developer to come in and support our Technical Director and Lead Developer.
Purpose of the role
We’re offering an annual salary of £25,000 to £30,000 (dependent on experience), the opportunity to gain experience working for a national company, all required tools, company bonus scheme, company pension scheme and generous annual leave entitlement.
Essential experience includes:
• Linux Apache MySQL PHP (LAMP stack) development knowledge
• Cross-browser and cross-device development (e.g. responsive design)
• Basic server administration
• Website deployment
• HTML email development
• Ability and desire to learn new technologies
• Significant experience in a Web Developer position
It would be an advantage if you have further experience in the following areas:
• Knowledge of open source platforms and software
• Android & iOS
In addition to the technical ability above, the ideal developer will be commercially minded, with strong interpersonal skills, be comfortable in front of managers and have the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical people.
If you meet the skills and experience required please email your CV and covering letter to:
Construction Materials Online is an equal opportunities employer