Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Remote or office based
Salary: £21,000 – £24,000 D.O.E. + discretionary company bonus scheme
Join one of the biggest and most respected national eCommerce successes in our industry. cmostores.com is an online supplier of building materials, sold across multiple eCommerce stores. As the company is expanding, we have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and results-driven Product Copywriter to join our growing team based at our head office in Plymouth.
The role of Product Copywriter is to write engaging, accurate and search-friendly product descriptions across multiple CMO Group stores. Joining a newly created and rapidly expanding team, our Product Copywriters have the critical role of outlining the benefits, technical specifications and uses of products being listed on any of CMO Group’s superstores. Working alongside our H&A Copywriters, you will also create engaging long-form editorial content for our Help & Advice sections.
- To craft engaging and unique product content across all CMO Group superstores
- Liaise with Product Executives and Product Supervisors to understand what product content is required and for what date, providing this within the deadline given and to a high standard
- Working with Commercial team to understand unfamiliar product terminology to make sure your content has the right context and meaning
- Understand the importance of keywords in product copy, ensuring these are considered and used naturally throughout
- Working with SEO Executives to ensure product copy is written adhering to best practice SEO standards, leaning on the SEO team for advice when necessary
- Undertaking a programme of refreshing and renewing product copy, as directed, to ensure all our product copy is of a high standard
- Reviewing internal dashboards to identify and reduce duplicated product copy among existing products
- Be responsible for your own time keeping and workload, including taking the initiative to identify opportunities to work on product refreshes or removing duplicate content if product copy is ready ahead of schedule
- Support on content-based tasks as and when these present in the team. For example, assisting in creating category copy or H&A editorial copy if tight deadlines arise
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of copywriting and excellent proof reading and editing skills. They will have an innate sense of written style, impeccable grammar and an eye for details are essential for this role. and will have advanced Excel knowledge. A degree in English Literature or Language, Journalism or similar content writing course would be advantageous. Previous experience of writing eCommerce product content or writing technical copy such as manuals or medical descriptions are desirable along with knowledge of the construction industry.
cmogroup.com is an equal opportunities employer