Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Plymouth (mix of remote & office based)
Salary: £18,000 – £18,500 D.O.E.
Join one of the biggest and most respected national eCommerce successes in our industry. cmostores.com is an online supplier of building materials, sold across six specialist eCommerce stores. As the company is expanding, we have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and results-driven Merchandising Executive to join our growing team based at our head office in Plymouth.
The Merchandising Executive role is to perform the effective enriched improvement of product development onto the CMOStores.com group site via our product database as part of the wider Merchandising vision, ensuring we deliver on our mission “To provide customers with industry-leading product choice, service and price in partnership with manufacturers through a low-cost model”.
CMO wishes to give our customer’s the best user experience on our websites, therefore, it is paramount that we produce product text of the highest quality and select the correct images to compliment our listings.
- Complete all issued tasks in a timely and professional way so that product listings are enriched to meet our current standards.
- It is important that we understand our customer’s needs and articulate this information on our product pages to ensure a great customer experience and journey on our websites. This includes selecting images, attachments, videos, technical information, add-ons, related products, specifications, prices and content.
- Liaise with the Content & SEO Executive to ensure products are in the correct categories to maximise search engine visibility and ranking.
- Communicate with suppliers and manufacturers via email and on the phone, to obtain required information for products.
- Support the process of introducing new products and product ranges to our websites.
- Undertake any relevant research, development or training as required
The successful candidate will have a high level of written English, excellent attention to detail and have a natural curiosity and passion for creative writing. They will be competent at using Microsoft Excel and be comfortable with using computerised data systems. The ability to problem solve and use initiative as well as being a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude is essential. Experience in a similar product listing role or experience of using image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop would be advantageous.
cmogroup.com is an equal opportunities employer